Bolognese Swordsmanship Intensive Course
Welcome to the Bolognese Swordsmanship Intensive Course on 8th to 11th of July! During the four days we begin with the foundations of Bolognese fencing and progress to more complex drills, tactics and forms. The course will teach you
- the guards, footwork, strikes and thrusts of the style
- the most common actions of defending yourself against all types of attacks
- to gain an advantage over your opponent in order for secure attacks through feints and provocations
- some of the historical forms described by the Bolognese masters
- how to use the Bolognese fencing theory to create your own drills and to analyze fencing phrases
During the course we will also do physical exercise and numerous application drills designed to bring the newly learned actions more readily available in free fencing.
The course is suitable for both beginners and more advanced fencers. Each training day consists of two blocks, first from 10:00 to 12:30 and the second from 14:00 to 16:00. Participants have the opportunity to sleep at our training hall during the course days. Participants are also welcome to join our regular classes during the course day evenings.
This is an excellent opportunity to deepen your skills in Bolognese swordsmanship or to get a quick start in one of the most versatile forms of historical fencing!
The course is organized by the historical fencing club EHMS and is held at the EHMS training hall (address Fonseenintie 4, 00370 Helsinki).
The course is presented by EHMS Bolognese swordsmanship head instructor and marozzo.com founder Ilkka Hartikainen.
For more information, please contact us via email at email@example.com. To sign up, please fill the form below.
The course fee is 120 euros. Participants must be of age 14 or older.